Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Most Important Lesson I Learned in School

'Tis the season for (home)school.  Therefore, I thought I would share a little something I wrote a year ago.  Don't expect eloquence...just sincerity.

The Most Important Lesson I Learned in School

I learned the most important lesson at home which is my school because I am homeschooled. I have learned many important lessons in my home. But the most, most, most important lesson I have ever learned or ever could learn is that God created everything and sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die so that I (and anyone else who believes in Him and receives Him into their heart) can be forgiven and can live forever in Heaven. Salvation through Jesus Christ is the best, most important lesson I have ever learned. Nothing compares to this! It influences every area of my life. Because of it, I want to do all for the glory of God and the furtherance of His kingdom. I want to obey God and reach the unreached with the Gospel. These desires affect how I spend my time, whom I spend time with, what I want to do with my life now and in the future, how I view relationships, what I write, and so much more. Some people would say, "You didn’t really learn that as a lesson in school. You were five years old!" If they define school as sitting at a desk, listening to a lecture, or reading a textbook, then no, I guess I didn’t learn the most important lesson in school. However, in my opinion, I have been educated since I was born. I am constantly learning and being educated-everyday and everywhere. In that sense, I did learn this most important lesson in school-because I learned it at home with my parents teaching me. I have learned many other great lessons which I would love to share with you but if I could only share one, I know which one it would be. It would be the most important lesson anyone could every share or learn. It would be the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter